2006 LONG-RANGE PLANS
This ongoing document is built on a periodic survey of members
and reviewed annually by the statewide MAESP Plans and Policies Committee,
chaired by the MAESP past president. The document is approved by the Executive
each December and by the general membership at the MAESP business meeting
1. MAESP will seek additional revenue streams, such as workshops for and
by MAESP members, and seek individual and corporate donations to the building
provide sufficient revenue to meet MAESP mortgage payment obligations for
the MCSA building.
2. MAESP will increase MAESP/NAESP membership in all districts by expanding
and improving services to members and also encouraging active participation
3. MAESP will seek opportunities to provide additional assistance and mentoring
to new principals entering the profession.4. MAESP will continue to collaborate
with other educational groups to accomplish common goals.
5. MAESP will encourage members to individually become more knowledgeable,
visible, and vocal about legislative matters that affect education at the
and federal government levels.
6. MAESP will develop an efficient process to survey members as needed
to guide the organization.
7. MAESP will increase member access to organizational services through
the improvement and maintenance of a user-friendly MAESP website, and other
that facilitate organizational communication to and among members and the
public at large.
As elementary principals, we believe that
1. all children should receive the very best educational experience possible
2. all decisions made should reflect the value and importance of the children
entrusted to our care
3. the elementary principal is vital to the success of students and staff
in the elementary schools of Missouri
The mission of the Missouri Association of Elementary School Principals is
to insure that effective highly qualified principals, committed to excellence
for all children, are in each elementary school in the state of Missouri through
visionary and effective leadership.
MAESP envisions an elementary school where each child is valued and receives
an education of the highest quality. Comprehensive collaboration is essential
to foster a mutual interest on behalf of the children.